I have a "Resistance is Futile" meme response pending for aibhinn , and it's going to happen Real Soon Now. (No, seriously; probably within the next couple of days.) But right now, I need to get back in the habit of posting things.
Not smart things necessarily, just things that have verbs and subjects in more or less the generally accepted order, and which don't libel any established folk heroes.
I'm looking at this sentence to start:
"Rhinos ate my nose."
Subject, verb, no libel.
We have lift-off!!!
Well, then. We're set and, in no particular order:
- I don't really care what critics (even the ones I like, like Mo Ryan) or Stargate (small-u) universe fans think of Stargate: Universe. I like it. Took me a while to decide, but tonight's episode cemented it for me. What?
- I am altogether too fond of Criminal Minds. But, having run into the first paragraph of a Morgan-Reed slashfic and decided to run away from the second, third and fourth paragraphs, not to mention any or all thereafter, I can safely say I may stick to the show for now until I'm a bit braver. And possibly to TWoP motivators.
- Putney Swope is one surreal movie.
- My car still smells funny, by which I mean it still stinks of fuel. That can't be good. I'm not even going to mention the flat tire leading to the almost-suspect diagnosis of diseased shocks and leprous rocker arms. Nope. Not gonna. Wouldn't be prudent.
- My three cats have all received their flea drops. Alex and Phil were creampuffs about it. It took us three days to get Opie's onto him - and I actually played no part in that, because I am Made of Cat-chasin', Flea-findin' Fail - but BB did it, braving a tired and unhappy cat's stream of protest. Yeah, the protest landed on his shirt, and made us feel like crap. Which landed on our carpet. Which was good, because when I cleared it up, I noticed the worms. Yeah, the ones we took them all up to the vets a few months ago to treat. The hell of it is, that these are indoor cats, damnit. Or two of them were, until we brought the inadvertent outdoor cat in, to save his life. Ah, Phil, you bring so much into our lives. Sigh.
- My muse, obviously disgusted by either automotive or feline health glitches, has up and went. And I have a fic to complete before the end of the month. No, wait; two. This, like the fuel smell in the car, is not good.
- Not to mention the other fic that sits, inert and sullen, in the corner, gazing at me with silent and accusative eyes. Stop looking at me!!
- I'm not completely despondent; after all, I finally got the Plant Dad Tour '09 pictures to all the pinpointed relatives.
- I also bought some purple insulating foam with which to build a shell for the COMPLETELY INADEQUATE, THEY FRAKKIN' LIED ABOUT IT KEEPING COFFEE HOT FOR 36 HOURS, AIN'T NO DAMN 36 HOURS ABOUT IT, HELL, THERE'S HARDLY HALF AN HOUR, THEY LIED LIKE BAD RUGS, THEY LIED LIKE TROOPERS, DON'T, FOR CHRISSAKE, BUY A DAMN STANLEY VACUUM BOTTLE vacuum bottle. I will have hot coffee.
- I will, damnit.
That went well (a phrase most critics seem to think is overused in scripts these days, but which I still enjoy.)
We'll try for coherence tomorrow, neh?