- Rewatched The Girl Who Waited and The God Complex yesterday.
- Really watched them. Thought about them.
- Made notes.
- Made connections. Made sparks spark inside my head and make more connections.
- Understood why I loved TGWW, from its construction to its heart, and discovered something about Amy as I struggled through my understanding of one crucial scene.
- Understood why TGC didn't work for me, why I found it creaky in construction and simple-minded in conceit despite stellar bits and pieces and people. Learned a bit more about myself, too.
- Couldn't write any of it, though. Neck hurt, ankles hurt, hands hurt, skin hurt.
- Worse, brain shut down when asked to put all the sparks together to make light, to connect all the connections so that they made a road map. Brain said, "No. Don't want to. Look! A computer game! Let's play it over and over and over and over and over -"
- Went to bed.
- Today I went to a wedding, and was very happy for the tough and wonderful lady who wed her genial and lovely gentleman. Also rocked the "going to a wedding look."
- Came home.
- Couldn't write.
- Am now behind by two episodes and counting.
- WTF, brain? WTF?
Dept. of Really, Really Slow Start
Bridgerton LOLs and More On the last Monday of February, I should probably try to catch up. Bob's been under the weather; not ill, just under the…
You Know What's Good About the Impeachment Trial? At least for me? It's allowed me to start writing my first non-fanfic piece of…
2020: the year of "Oh, Fuck Off." That's how I've come to think of this hell year. The most recent "Oh, fuck off" I've given…