I haven't been around for several days, largely because I've been trying to keep up with my work day story minimums. Since I actually haven't been able to do that very well (I will not be surprised if I get hauled in for a disciplinary meeting sometime in the next month or so, but I'm not overly fussed about it) I figured I'd just do a bullet point list on miscellanea, just to keep my oar in.
- I got my back X-rayed, checking for possible spinal causes for my back spasms. The upshot; nothing but some unsurprising age-related erosion; I didn't actually expect my spine to be related to the spasms, but at least we can definitely rule it out. I'm dealing with a (so far) mild back spasm right now, and am reminded again that it's a muscular thing.
- We said goodbye today to our old clunker of a 1996 Taurus; not in the way I wanted to say goodbye to it, but at least we gave it to a charity. I hope said charity can make use of it.
- I've had no difficulty avoiding the very large spoilers about S8 of Who, and I'm rather pleased that I haven't had the urge to click on dangerous links. I'm perfectly happy to wait for next month. Well, I say perfectly happy, and that's not quite true. I'd like next month to be NOW, kthnxbai, but having attained some painful measure of maturity, I can at least maintain some tattered sense of dignity about the whole thing.
- I've been reading Captain America fanfic and enjoying it. I don't know what this says about me. Probably it says that I really, really want to see The Winter Soldier again, largely because I want to see Natasha again. And Bucky. And Sam. And Cap. Yeah, bit of a fan, here.
- I have discovered how much of a fan of Kill la Kill I am. Maybe more about that at a later date. Maybe more about some of the other anime series I'm enjoying, like Barakamon, at a later date as well.
- I've been thinking a lot about Who, and whose Who I like, and whether I'm in the minority of fans who likes both recent showrunners, for different reasons, and gets uncomfortable when either showrunner gets slagged off (although I confess that I get really irritated when I have to read through "OMG Moffat is Saaataaaaaan" crap, and slightly less aggravated - but only slightly - when I read people being flippant about RTD.)
- And with that, I'm going to toddle off to bed while my back is relatively pain-free.
This entry was originally posted at http://kaffyr.dreamwidth.org/308181.html?mode=reply, where there are currently comments. You can comment there or here; I watch both.