As of today (or more precisely late yesterday afternoon), the following achievements had been unlocked at Casa KathBob:
- New passport for BB received and old, sneaky, hiding-for-too-longy old passport torn up;
- Garbage disposal unit tightened and back in non-leaky working condition;
- New microwave installed, and celebratory cups of reheated coffee drunk;
- Soft cast off wrist/forearm, and decision not to get expensive second set of X-rays done approved by doctor, with subsequent graduation to removable splint.
- Back spasms slowly, slowly fading - not nearly fast enough of course, but fading.
What this all means in this first world household is that I'm trying to decide how much typing I can now do, since the wrist and forearm are still occasionally delivering painful twinges when held or turned in certain directions. I want to be able to restart my fic writing. I mean, I can see the end to my Shaun/Donna/bunches of others fic. It's there, right ... there!
It also means that I can rev up the union work. Cast and back spasms really slow one down, if one is not, say, as determinedly dedicated to a cause as one might or should be. Some people battle through horrendous pain and reach heights the rest of us cannot reach. Others *cough*me*cough* become whinging wusses at the slightest pang of hurt. So yes, ridding myself of all my various types of pain asap is much longed for.
So wish me luck, y'all. This entry was originally posted at https://kaffyr.dreamwidth.org/746824.html?mode=reply, where there are currently comments. You can comment there or here, but prefer to read over on DW. You can comment there using open ID if you don't have a DW account.