Or as dameruth , from whom I ganked it, says: The Super Long Meme
1) Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
Definitely closed. I can't sleep if they're open. Can't even really close my eyes. Yes. Monsters.
(2) Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels?
I have. I can't resist sample sizes.
(3) Have you ever 'done it' in a hotel room?
Yes. And, as dameruth says, "Jeez, 'done it'? is this thing geared towards teenagers or what?"
(4) Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
(5) Are you eating anything right now?
(6) Who do you think reads your answers?
Bored flistees, as per dameruth.
(7) Do you have a calendar in your room?
Yes. A 2001 Japanese "My Neighbor Totoro" calendar. One of those single-sheet-with-wonderful-picture-in-a-j
(8) Where are you?
Typing on my laptop, in the livingroom.
(9) What's your plan for the day?
Brushing my teeth and going to sleep. It's 2:19 a.m.
(10) Are you reading any books right now?
I had been reading "A Bloody War: One Man's Memories of the Canadian Navy 1939-45" by Hal Lawrence, but I've just put it aside, and haven't decided what to read next. I don't suppose fiction on the Internet, or one's own writing, or HuffPost, counts?
(11) Is it cold out?
Too warm for November in the Midwest.
(12) Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
(13) Have you ever peed in the woods?
(14) Do you ever dance even if there's no music playing?
(15) Do you chew your pens and pencils?
(16) How many people have slept in your bed this week?
Best Beloved and me.
(17) Favorite place to buy make-up?
Target. There's a British brand (can't recall its name) which I like.
(18) What is your "Song of the week"?
Almost everything off Duffy's Rockferry album, but "Mercy" in particular.
(19) Is it okay for guys to wear pink?
Of course. If Sado-kun can do it in Bleach, anyone can.
(20) Do you still watch cartoons?
Oh my, yes. From anime to Metalocalypse and Home Movies.
(21) What's your favorite love movie?
"Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" "To Have and Have Not" "Last of the Mohicans" (the Daniel Day Lewis one, even if I have to avoid the bloody parts), "Strictly Ballroom," "It's a Wonderful Life" just off the top of my head. Oh, and "Hero." Oh, absolutely, Hero.
(22) Where would you bury hidden treasures if you had some?
I don't know, but I'd probably look for some goofy place in my condo, like the duct work or taped to the inner top of the fake fireplace, or slid into a fake book. I'd stay poor for at least two reasons; anyone with half a mind could figure the hiding places out; except me. I'd forget where I'd put the treasure.
(23) What do you drink with dinner?
Club soda, coffee, or milk.
(24) What do you dip Chicken Nuggets in?
So-called hot mustard. It isn't hot, but it is good (probably way too much sugar and/or salt in it). I dip french fries in it, too.
(25) What is your favorite food/cuisine?
Oh, god. Everything. Rare steak with a cracked-pepper crust that's been flambeed with cognac and drenched in butter. Too Much Ice Cream. Marmite on crackers. Chicago style pizza (deep-dish with pepperoni, mushrooms, hot peppers and olives.) Failing that? Indian.
(26) What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
"The Full Monty" is one; "Underworld," "Lord of the Rings," (all three, but especially The Two Towers); "Spirited Away," "My Neighbor Totoro," "Castle in the Sky," "Stray Dog," "The Hidden Fortress" and "It's a Wonderful Life."
(27) Last person you hugged/kissed?
(28) Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
Went all the way through Brownies, but quit Girl Guides when it interfered with watching Star Trek on Tuesday nights.
(29) Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
I don't think so. I am incredibly impressed with people who have the self-confidence to do it, though.
(30) When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
I wrote a letter to my mother in October.
(31) Can you change the oil in a car?
I haven't, but I've wanted to learn how to do it.
(32) Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
(33) Run out of gas?
(34) Favorite kind of sandwich?
Grilled cheese, or grilled bacon and cheese.
(35) Best thing to eat for breakfast?
Hot oatmeal in the winter, toast with Nutella and a cup of coffee, and sometimes The Grand Wazoo - eggs, bacon, toast, coffee and orange juice. I once had a Scotch egg for breakfast, and I loved it.
(36) What is your usual bedtime?
Been aiming for 1 a.m. but it usually ends up being between 1:30 and 2:30 a.m..
(37) Are you lazy?
Oh my, yes.
(38) When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?
Until I was about six, I was a witch every year (dressed by my mom), then an "Indian" Princess. When I dressed myself, it varied widely; a quasi-harlequin, a gypsy, and such.
(39) How many languages do you know?
Only English. I could speak French before I could speak much English, but I lost it all by the time I was five.
(40) Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
(41) Which are better, Lego’s or Lincoln logs?
Gut says Lincoln logs.
(42) Are you stubborn?
I believe my Best Beloved thinks so. Outside of the house I'm not gifted with the kind of backbone that stubborn requires.
(43) Who is better... Leno or Letterman?
I've watched both, and used to like Leno and despise Letterman. Now I watch neither, but when I run into them, I like Letterman better. He mellowed, and stopped being mean. Of that type, particularly of that network type, I like Craig Ferguson. However The Daily Show would probably be my favorite now, if I was going to watch something of the sort.
(44) Ever watch soap operas?
Does "Dark Shadows" count. (Only to 10, Mudhead....)
(45) Afraid of heights?
Yes. I can't even look up at tall buildings, and I can't watch scenes in movies that are filmed from high atop buildings or looking out window. I have to shut my eyes.
(46) Sing in the car?
Constantly. Loudly. Usually in harmony.
(47) Dance in the shower?
(48) Dance in the car?
Oh, absolutely. What?
(49) Ever used a gun?
Once. Ed made me shoot at telephone books.
(50) Do you think musicals are cheesy?
(51) Is Christmas stressful?
No. It was for about four years, but it isn't anymore. I've always loved Christmas.
(52) Ever eat a pirogi?
(53) Favorite type of fruit pie?
blueberry, pumpkin and mince.
(54) Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
Physical anthropologist. That's what they called it back then.
(55) Do you believe in ghosts?
No, although I did see one thing once which I still can't explain, and which still scares me even to think of. However, logically? Ghosts? Just not happening.
(56) Ever have deja-vu moments?
Used to have them much more when I was younger, but I still have them occasionally.
(57) Take a vitamin daily?
(58) Wear slippers?
Only when my feet are freezing. I prefer bare feet.
(59) Wear a bath robe?
I have a bath robe (which I grew up calling a dressing gown), a kimono, and a general robe-type robe. Depends on my mood and the weather which one I wear, or if I wear any of them.
(60) What do you wear to bed?
Between sixth grade and last year I didn't wear anything to bed. Then I got old. Now it's a tee shirt and underwear.
(61) Wal-Mart, Target or K-Mart?
Never, ever Wal-Mart. Not if they paid me. Instead, it's the Salvation Army thrift store (or, as I call it, Boutique Sally Ann). I haven't bought clothing (with the exception of foundation and stocking type things) anywhere else for years. For other things, Kohl's or Target.
(62) Nike or Adidas?
Canvas high tops.
(63) Cheetos Or Fritos?
(64) Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
(65) Ever hear of "gorp"?
(66) Ever taken dance lessons?
Ballet, when I was in first and second grade.
(67) Is there someone you would like to kiss?
My Best Beloved. Fantasy kisser? Christopher Eccleston. The former is much more satisfying, because I love him.
(68) Can you curl your tongue?
(69) Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
(70) Own any record albums?
(71) Own a record player?
(72) Regularly burn incense?
(73) Ever been in love?
Yes Oh, my, yes. Yes, yes, yes....
(74) Hot tea or cold tea?
(75) Tea or coffee?
Coffee. Hot tea with milk is my comfort drink.
(76) Favorite kind of cookie?
(77) Can you swim well?
I love swimming, but I'm not sure I have a lot of stamina now.
(78) Can you hold your breath w/o manually holding your nose?
I'll quote dameruth: "Are there actually people who *can't*?!? Yes."
(79) Are you patient?
Not very, although I've grown more so with age.
(80) DJ or band, at a wedding?
Band. Definitely. Good live music needs places to play to get better. I'm married to a one-time musician, so I am definitely in that camp.
(81) Ever won a contest?
A few reporting/writing ones, but generally I've always come in second. Do I have issues? What do *you* think?
(82) Ever had plastic surgery?
(83) Which are better black or green olives?
Green olives stuffed with habanero peppers. Green olives of all kinds. Black olives - even the canned ones, but especially the calamatas. The only ones I don't like are the dry cured Moroccan ones. Euck.
(84) Can you knit or crochet?
I have extraordinarily rudimentary knitting skills, hardly worthy of the name.
(85) Wash room or bathroom?
(86) Do you want to get married?
I am married.
(87) Who was your HS crush?
David Fountain. Now he's one of the richest men in Canada, but back then I loved him hopelessly, from afar, because he was funny, smart, could act, and threw my school books into the boys bathroom. Also, Mr. Spock and Neil Young.
(88) Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
(89) Do you have kids?
(90) Do you want kids?
I sometimes dream of having a second one, a daughter. That lasts for simply nano-seconds and nano-seconds.
(91) What’s your favorite color?
Purple, blue and black.
(92) Do you miss anyone right now?
(93) Who do you wanna see right now?
Best Beloved. And I'm going to see him when I go into the bedroom.
(94) What is your dream job?
The one I have. The other dream job would be to be paid inordinate amounts of money to write lj posts, or be witty at parties.
(95) Rainy days or sunny days?
Both, depending on the mood. If it's rainy, it needs to be windy, too; and thunderstorms! I love thunderstorms, with huge rolling thunder and lightning that blinds you and forks all the way across the sky!
(96) NBC, FOX, ABC, or CBS?
SciFi, Discovery, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and PBS.
(97) Tigger or Pooh?
Neither, as I was never a fan of A.A. Milne's little world.
(98) Alvin, Simon, or Theodore?
Pinky and the Brain.
(99) Romance or straight to the point?
Mushy romance about 49 percent of the time. Romantic lust the rest of the time.
(100) Happy or rich?